Welcome to Kaipara Flats School
Kaipara Flats School is a State Contributing Primary School, established in 1878.
The school is situated in the village of Kaipara Flats, 12 kms west of Warkworth and serves the community of Kaipara Flats and the Kaipara Hills, although a number of children travel from other areas to attend KFS.
The school is attractively sited on a rise above a spacious playing field, extensive adventure challenge equipment, a solar heated swimming pool and hard-court area.
The school is served by two school buses under contract to the Mahurangi Transport Network. One bus runs to Kaipara Flats from Warkworth, and the other serves the Kaipara Hills.
Kaipara Flats School is a decile 9, U2 school with four active classrooms and a teaching staff of 4.7 FTTE.
The school roll currently stands at 85 pupils.
A new library was built in 2005. The school has recently had an ICT infrastructure upgrade providing the students and teachers with leading edge digital technology. The students have access to mobile learning devices for their learning with each classroom having a mix of iPod Touches and iPads for students to use.
The school is well supported by the community and has an active PTA.
Kaipara Flats has historically been a farming area but recently the lifestyle blocks have been developed and this has resulted in a change to the wider community socio-economic status and multi-cultural makeup.
The school community is very supportive especially when providing transport for Outdoor Education activities, involvement in school learning programmes and attending the community school assemblies. There is a deep awareness of learning expectations and the benefit of healthy relationships between home and school.
With the development of recent ICT infrastructure and learning and teaching directions it is envisaged the community will be better informed and have the opportunity to be more interactive with the personalised learning of the students.